Lead Backend Developer
myrecovery is a digital health startup transforming the way that surgery is delivered. We are building intelligent technology that allows surgeons to treat more patients, safer – whilst improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and reducing the cost of care. We launched in 2016 and we are growing rapidly, being live with leading orthopaedic surgeons and centres across the UK, Europe & US. www.myrecovery.ai
We are building something big together. As a start-up we like to roll our sleeves up, whilst at the same time nurturing your individual goals and ambitions.
We are seeking a Lead Backend Developer to take ownership of our backend team, development and infrastructure. This team will sit within the larger development team, including design, mobile, frontend, backend, data. Our products include a native mobile app (for patients), and a web dashboard (for clinicians). We currently use Python, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, Ansible on AWS.
You will work closely alongside our Data team, which manages a data pipeline using ETLs, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy and Airflow - and a bespoke technical content system built around Python, YAML, JSON. Our data pipeline manages sensitive patient information, with the associated data security implications.
The Lead Backend Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading a growing backend / DevOps team to support all company products (dashboard, mobile, content, data)
- Mentoring and developing team members
- Key voice in architecture and evolution of our backend systems (Python), and other Python systems including the content pipeline
- Key voice in DevOps strategy
- Senior developer for backend and DevOps
The following skills/experience are required:
- Degree in computer science, maths, or equivalent commercial experience
- Leading small teams, within an agile environment
- Expert in Python (readable, testable, efficient) and Django
- Expert in relational DBs, including PostgreSQL
- Expert in REST/JSON
- Strong knowledge of web app scaling and optimisation
- Confident with DevOps including CD and cloud infrastructure
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Fullstack development
Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Pension contributions
- Bright, modern startup office, near Gospel Oak / Kentish Town, London
- Developer-spec laptop
Please send full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.