Junior UI / Frontend Developer
myrecovery is a digital health startup transforming the way that surgery is delivered. We are building intelligent technology that allows surgeons to treat more patients, safer – whilst improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and reducing the cost of care. We launched in 2016 and we are growing rapidly, being live with leading orthopaedic surgeons and centres across the UK, Europe & US. www.myrecovery.ai
We are building something big together. As a start-up we like to roll our sleeves up, whilst at the same time nurturing your individual goals and ambitions.
Our dev team comprises fullstack developers, native mobile developers, designers and a data team. We are smart about development processes and tools.
Our main web product is a data visualisation dashboard used by surgeons, clinical and industry staff. We use Python on the backend, and HTML/CSS/Vue.js on the frontend. We also maintain several company and partner websites.
We are seeking a Junior UI / Frontend Developer to complement our existing fullstack developers and designers. This is a great opportunity for a junior developer to work within an experienced product design/development team, creating high-quality and unique products.
The Junior UI / Frontend Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Taking a large degree of responsibility for our dashboard product and website frontends
- Working closely with the Lead Designer to understand requirements, and with fullstack developers for implementation
- Creating pixel-perfect HTML / CSS
- Developing a company CSS library / theme
- Working productively as part of a scrum team of 8-10 developers
The following skills/experience are required:
- Minimum 1 years’ commercial experience of creating HTML and deep CSS style hierarchies
- Demonstrable ability to create pixel-perfect frontend from design mockups, with portfolio
- Experience working with designers, including mockups in tools like Sketch / Invision
- Very strong HTML / CSS
- Experience of CSS frameworks, pre-processors and page templating
- Experience of frontend build systems
- Ability to create responsive frontends, and to deal with cross-browser support
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Working in a team with backend / fullstack developers
- Experience of Webpack
Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Pension contributions
- Bright, modern startup office near Hampstead Heath, London
- Developer-spec HW/SW
Please send full CV to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.