Computer Vision / Machine Learning Engineer
myrecovery is a digital health startup transforming the way that surgery is delivered. We are building intelligent technology that allows surgeons to treat more patients, safer – whilst improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and reducing the cost of care. We launched in 2016 and we are growing rapidly, being live with leading orthopaedic surgeons and centres across the UK, Europe & US. www.myrecovery.ai
We are building something big together. As a start-up we like to roll our sleeves up, whilst at the same time nurturing your individual goals and ambitions.
myrecovery is pioneering the ability to deliver AI-driven movement (gait) analysis of patients undergoing orthopaedic treatment, using consumer hardware. We call this ‘mobile deep MSK analysis’. We allow video of the patient walking, captured with any handheld smartphone, to be processed using state of the art machine learning algorithms to produce an accurate 2D or 3D animated skeleton. The motion of this skeleton can then be analysed for key indicators (range of motion, symmetry, etc.) and results, which are released immediately to the patient and/or clinical team. Currently in the UK, 5% of knee replacement patients return to surgery because their range of motion has not progressed appropriately. By democratising MSK motion analysis, this technology could measure, track and intervene, potentially avoiding costly readmissions.
We have a Data Science / Computer Vision PhD leading on this project, and have successfully validated our initial work earlier than expected. As part of the AI team, the CV/ML Engineer will have a chance to work with the most cutting edge technologies in computer vision, including but not limited to Deep Convolutional Neural Networks, Transfer Learning, Variational Autoencoder and Reinforcement Learning. You will acquire in-depth knowledge of modern Machine Learning models and will be given the flexibility to experiment with your own ideas.
The CV/ML Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with other Biomechanists and Computer Scientists to develop CV/ML techniques to analyse patient gait
- Developing and testing pipelines to operate the techniques
- Hardening techniques from research to production phases
- Supporting related patent applications
The following skills/experience are required:
- BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent degrees in computer science with ML/CV/Image Processing components
- Experience with mathematical programming and image processing
- Comfortable with reading and understanding scientific articles
- Strong programming skills in Python and C/C++
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and OpenCV
The following skills/experience are desirable:
Knowledge of artificial neural networks and Bayesian inference
- Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Pension contributions
- Bright, modern startup office, beside Hampstead Heath, London
- Developer-spec laptop
Please send full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.