Motion Capture Laboratory Assistant
myrecovery is a digital health startup transforming the way that surgery is delivered. We are building intelligent technology that allows surgeons to treat more patients, safer – whilst improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and reducing the cost of care. We launched in 2016 and we are growing rapidly, being live with leading orthopaedic surgeons and centres across the UK, Europe & US. www.myrecovery.ai
We are building something big together. As a start-up we like to roll our sleeves up, whilst at the same time nurturing your individual goals and ambitions.
myrecovery is pioneering the ability to deliver AI-driven movement (gait) analysis of patients undergoing orthopaedic treatment, using consumer hardware. We call this ‘mobile deep MSK analysis’. We allow video of the patient walking, captured with any handheld smartphone, to be processed using state of the art machine learning algorithms to produce an accurate 2D or 3D animated skeleton. The motion of this skeleton can then be analysed for key indicators (range of motion, symmetry, etc.) and results, which are released immediately to the patient and/or clinical team. Currently in the UK, 5% of knee replacement patients return to surgery because their range of motion has not progressed appropriately. By democratising MSK motion analysis, this technology could measure, track and intervene, potentially avoiding costly readmissions.
We have a Data Science / Computer Vision PhD leading on this project, and have successfully validated our initial work earlier than expected. We have invested in our own gait lab, using OptiTrack cameras, and are using these to validate techniques and build up our own datasets, including for Machine Learning.
The Motion Capture Lab Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the company gait lab, including set-up, calibration, and providing a roadmap to ensure the lab can grow to meet company requirements
- Operating the gait lab, including working with real and mock patients to obtain high-quality datasets
- Coordinate internal and external lab activities
- Ensure all lab equipments are in best condition
- Ensure all data are securely stored and regularly backed-up
The following skills/experience are required:
- Engineering degree
- Experience with motion capture pipelines (Vicon, OptiTrack, Qualisys)
- Knowledge of image acquisition and camera sensors
- Organized and attention to detail
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Familiarity with 3D software such as Blender, 3DS Max, Maya and Visual3D
- Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Pension contributions
- Bright, modern startup office, beside Hampstead Heath, London
- Developer-spec laptop
Please send full CV to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.