Junior UX/UI Designer (Intern)
myrecovery is a digital health startup transforming the way that surgery is delivered. We are building intelligent technology that allows surgeons to treat more patients, safer – whilst improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and reducing the cost of care. We launched in 2016 and we are growing rapidly, being live with leading orthopaedic surgeons and centres across the UK, Europe & US. www.myrecovery.ai
We are building something big together. As a start-up we like to roll our sleeves up, whilst at the same time nurturing your individual goals and ambitions.
Whether the user is the surgeon through our dashboard product, or the patient through our app platform. The design team is responsible for ensuring that user centric design is at the core of the product development. As part of the design team you will learn how a venture-funded startup operates, and work closely with our lead designer. Inputting into how the myrecovery product as a whole evolves.
There is great scope for growth in this role and the ideal candidate will relish the variance and range of projects, available to them. Initially we are looking for someone on a 2 - 3 days a week basis with potential capacity to increase to something more full time within the next 6 months (dependant on applicant’s abilities and project demands).
The Junior UX / UI Designer will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Lead designer in the UX and UI design of all myrecovery products, mobile and web
- Playing an active role in user research, to inform design
- Delivery of wireframes, mockups and production assets for mobile and web
- Supporting sales/partnerships with materials
- Championing the user at all times
- Working productively as part of a scrum team of developers and designers
The following skills/experience are required:
- Analytical nature and attention to detail.
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Enthusiastic high impact all-rounder with an entrepreneurial ‘get things done’ attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with people and work well in an agile team framework.
- Passionate about myrecovery’s business and mission
- Some formal design experience (Applicants currently studying design are welcome to apply).
- Intermediate skill level in Adobe Suite programmes (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
- Basic understanding of Sketch.
- Basic understanding of UI / UX design principles.
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Formal education in UX / UI Design or graphic design
- Basic understanding of Invision great but not a deal breaker
- Basic ability in video editing (After effects) a bonus.
- Experience of having worked in a startup - icing on the cake!
Very competitive paid internship.
All in all we are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and loves to learn new things. We try to bring as much fun to the office as we can, and are well placed (right next to Hampstead Heath) for sunny lunch time picnics and walking meetings in the park. Volleyball skills are an extra plus for our (not mandatory if it’s not your thing) whiteboard volleyball games that happen daily.
Please send full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.