Fullstack Web Developer
myrecovery is a digital platform for orthopaedic surgical recovery, founded by two UK surgeons, and backed by substantial venture capital. Patients get a mobile app that delivers them timed content specific to their hospital, surgeon and procedure. The app gathers clinical data (including surveys, exercise routine performance, device activity data) and our backend applies data science to deliver clinical insights to care teams. www.myrecovery.ai
We launched in 2016 and are now live with many of the leading orthopaedic surgeons in UK private ortho practice. In late summer 2017 we launched in the US, again with internationally-renowned surgeons.
Our dev team comprises an experienced healthcare UX designer, fullstack web developers, and ‘dual stack’ native mobile developers… i.e. our mobile developers work across both iOS and Android. We are smart about development processes: keeping the app codebases in sync, test automation, etc.
Our web infrastructure is hosted on AWS and comprises: a full data pipeline including mobile app analytics, patient results and activity data, extract/transform/load, and reporting; REST APIs for the app and integration partners a Patient Relationship Management frontend, including data dashboard frontends. We practice CI and CD using Docker and Ansible. We currently use Python / Django on the backend, and Vue.js for frontend. Our data pipeline manages sensitive patient information, with the associated data security implications.
Our roadmap will first scale the delivery of myrecovery native apps through a growing series of partnerships with private hospital networks in the UK and US, then extend to any patient through a B2C offering. Our web infrastructure must scale accordingly, and deliver dashboards for use by a large number of hospital and medical device partners. The Fullstack Web Developer role is part of the wider data team, including another fullstack web developer, data engineer and data scientist.
The fullstack web developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of whole internal/external web products (for example our REST APIs or frontend products) and parts of our infrastructure
- Undertaking integrations (through REST APIs, or other means) with clinical partner services
- Providing support where required for the company websites
- Working productively as part of a scrum team of 6-8 developers
- Delivering high quality, testable code
- Championing best practices for architecture, development and testing
The following skills/experience are required:
- Degree in computer science, maths, or equivalent commercial experience
- At least 2 years experience of fullstack web development, including REST
- Strong knowledge of at least one backend MVC framework (ideally Python-based)
- Using test frameworks and CI
- Using cloud services, ideally AWS, and CD
The following skills/experience are desirable:
- Developing RESTful endpoints for mobile apps
- Experience of developing RESTful APIs using any modern backend framework
- Experience of OAuth2 and https everywhere
Very competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Great working environment in our modern, Kentish Town office
- Developer-spec laptop
Please send full CV to Tim Closs, CTO.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.